The New York State Defender’s Association Discovery and Forensic Support Unit is hosting a 10-part forensic webinar series covering current issues in forensic litigation. The series is offered for free to all defense practitioners and defense team members. The sessions begin this month and conclude in March 2024. Click here to register for the entire series or individual sessions.
Topics will include:
- Facing a Discovery Dump: Organizing Your Criminal Defense from the Start
- Litigating Cognitive Bias and Race
- Pattern Marching Evidence, including Firearms and Toolmarks and Latent Prints
- DNA Collection through Discovery
- DNA Motion Practice
- Geofence Warrants
- Cell Site Location Information and Call Detail Records
- Litigating Against Algorithms, Hidden Technology, and the Machine Witness
- and more!
IDS will not be offering NC CLE credit for this series; however, attorneys can apply on their own for CLE credit with the NC State Bar.
For more information visit the NYSDA’s website here.