NC Indigent Defense Services is excited to introduce a new streamlined communications platform for IDS communications with public defense attorneys that will save you time and eliminate clutter from your inbox.
Beginning today, Aug. 17, 2020, we are asking all NC public defense attorneys to sign up for communications from the new Public Defense Portal at https://portal.ncids.org. Registration will only take a few minutes. Once registered, you will:
- Be notified about urgent issues, including those resulting from the
COVID-19 pandemic, that may affect you.
- Receive personalized information relevant to your legal practice.
- Keep updated on issues relevant to your public defense community.
- Learn about the CLE programs you need near you.
- Help IDS advocate on your behalf more effectively.
- Save your time. Once all attorneys have signed up in the Portal, IDS will stop bombarding you with duplicate emails from multiple sources.
For the Portal to be a success, we ask that every North Carolina public defense attorney (private or state employed) be signed into the Portal by Oct. 1, 2020. If you sign up in the Portal by October 1, you will be entered into a drawing for a chance to win a free CLE program of your choice.
While the Portal will become the primary means of communication from IDS, it will not replace the listservs that IDS maintains for the public defense community or the messages you receive from this blog about forensic resources.
Sign up in the new Public Defense Portal at https://portal.ncids.org.