Offered by Godoy Medical Forensics
Dec. 7, 2022, 12 PM EST
Merriam Young, MS, RN, CCRN, TCRN | Godoy Medical Forensics
Merriam has been a nurse for 22 years, 13 of which include care of trauma patients. The last six years she has worked in the Surgical/Trauma Intensive Care Unit at Stanford University Medical Center.
This presentation is designed to teach attorneys and investigators about the long-term effects of traumatic brain injury (TBI). This presentation also covers post-concussion syndrome, the cognitive, behavioral, and psychiatric issues that can result from TBI, and the relationship between offenders and TBI. The purpose of this presentation is to assist attorneys and investigators with a basic understanding of TBI, the associated long-term effects, and how they may impact your clients and their cases. Medical expert and forensic nurse evaluation of TBI will be discussed throughout the presentation.
Key topics to be discussed:
- Understand the types of traumatic brain injury and how they are diagnosed
- Be familiar with the signs and symptoms of traumatic brain injury and post-concussion
- Have an understanding of the types of long-term effects of TBI and how they can impact
- Understand the relationship between offenders and TBI
- Identify the forensic implications associated with TBI
Use Coupon Code GodoyMedicalForensicsCLE to attend for free