A new method for interpreting DNA mixtures will be coming online in NC in the coming months. A webinar on probabilistic genotyping will be offered on Aug. 13, 2019 from 12-2 pm to train attorneys on this new methodology.
This complimentary forensic science webinar is offered by the National Clearinghouse for Science, Technology, and the Law at Stetson Law. The program is presented by Rachel Oefelein, the Quality Assurance Manager and a Senior DNA Analyst at DNA Labs International. Ms. Oefelein will present DNA Evidence Essentials: Preparing for Expert Testimony with a Forensic DNA Analyst: New Technologies.
Registration is available here.
The webinar will focus on:
- What is probabilistic genotyping
- Questions attorneys should ask the experts
- Compare/contrast types of services available at public vs. private lab
- Related case law; and preparing for testimony
The webinar is part of the complimentary webinar series, Crime Scene to Courtroom Forensics Training, a project supported by a grant from the Bureau of Justice Assistance.
Upcoming Webinars in the Crime Scene to Courtroom Forensics Training Series:
- Bloodstain Essentials: Aug. 20th, 12-2 pm
- Latent Fingerprint Essentials: Sept. 16th, 12-2 pm