Working with Primary Care Providers to Facilitate Death Certification – Jeffrey Leach, MD
State of the State – Michelle Aurelius, MD
Toxicology Trends in North Carolina – Jason Hudson, PhD
Sudden Cardiac Death – Mehrnoosh Ghandili, MD
Pediatric Death Investigation: The Basics – Mark Giffen, DO
Deaths in the Pediatric Population – Mark Giffen, DO
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be better able to:
• Describe common causes of death in pediatric populations and how to investigate them.
• Identify appropriate techniques and information gathering in cases of pediatric deaths.
• Describe the investigation of deaths due to sudden cardiac causes.
• Define current trends related to toxicology and overdose deaths in North Carolina.
• Cite upcoming changes within the medical examiner system and how it will effect practices.
Western North Carolina Death Investigation Conference