Training Date: July 19, 2016
NOTE: This training is now over.
Offered By: The National Institute of Standards and Technology
Duration: Approximately 1.5 hours each
10 Free Workshops
NIST held an event, which is a part of an effort at NIST, to gather feedback from the practitioners and researchers in the forensic science community on further improving access and expanding the development of datasets useful for trace forensic evidence.
- The Importance of Reference Data in Trace Evidence Analysis
- What Does the Future Hold for Trace Evidence Analysis
- Research Needs in Trace Evidence Analysis
- Statistical Considerations in The Development of Trace Evidence Databases
- Private Sector Insights on Database Development
- Identify major gaps in the availability and accessibility of data for major areas of trace evidence analysis;
- Discuss possible solutions to addressing current gaps and determine future resource needs;
- Develop a roadmap of next steps to strengthen data in trace evidence.