The purpose of this one day seminar is to provide attorneys with information to assist with interpreting forensic medical records and subsequent testimony of the SANE/Forensic Nurses in sexual assault litigation. Bonnie Price, DNP, RN, SANE-A, SANE-P, AFN-B is the Administrative Director of the of Community Health Advocacy for Bon Secours Richmond. Mrs. Price has lectured extensively on forensic nursing topics and is certified as a Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner in both adults, adolescents and pediatrics. She will cover the following topics:
- Basic anal/genital anatomy
- Understanding the components of a sexual assault forensic evaluation
- Sexual assault injuries: What they mean & what they don’t mean
- Understanding and locating forensic medical reports
- SANE/Forensic Nurse qualifications: What do all of the letters really mean?
- How do I ensure the testimony being provided by a SANE/Forensic Nurse is valid & evidence based?
- SANE/Forensic Nurse testimony: Asking the right questions